CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2017 CRA AWARD WINNERS!
Nicholas Criscuolo Reading Award for Administrators: Michele Mullaly
CRA Outstanding Reading Educator Award: Dr. Andrea Ricci
ILA Celebrate Literacy Award: Hartford Stage
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2016-17 TEACHING GRANT WINNERS!
- Jennifer Fritz
Creating a Culturally Diverse Intervention Library
Squadron Line Elementary School, Simsbury – Grade 1
- Nicole Flynn and Dr. Andrea Ricci
Boys and Books: Creating A Literacy Supportive Environment for Boy Readers
Deep River Elementary School, Deep River – Grades K-6
- Cara Foley
Little Lending Libraries
Perry Hill School, Shelton – Grades 5-6
- Stacey Simpson and Jennifer Paul
Southington High School, Southington – Grades 9-12
- Katie Gordon
Fostering Reading Community through Reading Ambassadors
Pomperaug Elementary School, Southbury – Grades 3-5
- Christine Ziegler
Read All About It: The Quest for Independent Reading
Illing Middle School, Manchester – Grades 7-8
ABOUT THE AWARDS:
- The Nicholas Criscuolo Reading Award for Administrators recognizes an individual who is currently serving as an administrator (reading administrator, superintendent, assistant superintendent, principal, assistant principal curriculum director, etc.) This individual demonstrates a sincere commitment to reading/language arts education through administrative efforts.
- The CRA Outstanding Reading Educator Award recognizes an individual who holds certification in reading and demonstrates leadership by keeping well-informed of and promoting new developments in curriculum, instruction and research. The individual demonstrates a contribution to the profession characterized by exceptional service at the school, local or state level.
- The ILA Celebrate Literacy Award recognizes organizations, institutions and individuals that have made significant literary contributions at the local, state, or provincial level.